Thursday, April 25, 2013

Post #11!

Long time no blog! So over spring break I was fortunate enough to take a trip to Florida! Not only did I go to Florida but I went to Universal Studios! IT WAS AMAZING. Especially since I am a huge potterhead I got to experience the one and only harry potter world! It was so fun! I actually felt like I was in hogsmeade and I drank so much butter beer it was so good! (non-alcoholic of course). Anyways you are probably wondering what it has to do with communication graphics? well that has nothing to do with it but I also went on a ride at Universal for the movie Despicable Me. If you have not seen it I highly suggest that you go see it! It is adorable and hilarious!!! But while waiting in line for the ride I noticed several posters and there design for this specific ride so lets take a look at a few!



So this is the first "poster" that I saw and I thought it was the coolest thing! It shows you what a minion is made of and how they are designed. Its basically the blue print to creating the perfect minion. I thought it was done very well and you can even see in the lower right hand corner guru's signature. 


The second poster I saw was very simple but visually appealing to me. The reason it says "join us" is because in this ride you become a minion. I think it is adorable and perfect for the audience they are trying to reach for the people waiting in line. They wanted to make it fun and nice to look at. Also if you notice they used the basic color scheme! Red, yellow and blue are all there.

So that is all I have for this post! Basically vacation was awesome and thanks to this class I payed attention to the little details such as the colors, kerning and the overall design of posters while waiting in line for some totally awesome rides! Till next time!

No comments:

Post a Comment