Tuesday, March 12, 2013

Post #3!

Long time no post! Today I will be talking all about the wonderful world of Helvetica. Let me see where to start with this movie since there was so much that was talked about. I want to start off with one of the presenters in this movie. I did not catch his name but he was from a long line of typographers.


There he is! (I think thats him at least ) I found it interesting that he came from such a long line of typographers and found it cool that he carried on his families profession. That was one of my favorite presenters in the movie. Overall what I found most interesting is how often Helvetica is used. I bet we can relate this back to my worldly adventures so lets find out what other countries use Helvetica!


There is Helvetica again but its in Thai! It really is interesting to see how many different countries use Helvetica even when written in different languages. Lets take a look at one more country that uses this font type!


I dont know if you know this but its good ol' Britain! The UK is a user of this typeface that we have learned to grow and love here in America as well. 

To wrap things up overall Helvetica was pretty cool when it showed the examples of the way the typeface is used in different countries. It was also cool how they had life long typographers as some of the main presenters. Blog you later! (Haha its punny!)

No comments:

Post a Comment