Tuesday, March 12, 2013

Post #5!

For this post I figured we should talk about something very important that I have not yet posted about and that is (Drum Roll Please!!!) ...... The Principles of design! We even had a presentation in class about it and I have just completely forgot to talk about it! These are obviously the basics but also some of the most important elements that we shouldn't forget. I will be pulling the examples right out of the presentation that is posted oh so kindly in the mothership blog!

Starting off with Line. As you can see line is a very important element to design. It adds structure as well as gives you a sense of were you are or even how you are feeling. In this particular photo I feel as if I am in a quite little town on a Sunday afternoon. It is a very peaceful image and does not make me angry, just a feeling of pure happiness.

Next is shape. Again this makes things feel more realistic and gives them a sense of purpose. To me this looks like two lemons on top of a hat. It could also be a ring on a ring stand that you would see in the store. Thats just my interpretation of it and I dont even know if that is right! But beauty is in the eye of the beholder I guess!

Next is form. Form is more so important in actual paintings then when using indesign. But Alas! Do not be fooled by that because form is also a very important aspect when deigning anything. Form can be used in several different ways to put things together or even make something a little more organized.

Color is another important element that is stressed a lot in this class! This is an excellent portrayal of the color scheme and it also uses a limited pallet. Color is very important because you do not want to much color or it can be overbearing that is way less is more.

Last but not least is texture. Texture can really make or break a photo or a design. It brings everything together and sometimes makes it pop off the page!

To wrap things up we went over the five elements design which are very important to anyone who will ever design a project. It is of the most importance to never forget these key items! till next time!

No comments:

Post a Comment