Tuesday, March 12, 2013

Post #9!

This post is going to be about the magazine layout spread that we are suppose to right about in our blogs for homework so I hope this counts as one of the 10 posts we are suppose to have up before midterms come! Any ways Im sure you can all guess what magazine I chose to write about. The national geographic! I chose this because it talks about issues all over the world and has some pretty sweet magazine layouts.


The first magazine layout that I looked at was about geologists and mars. It talks about the research and other up an coming things with mars and its developments. I found this article interesting in its layout because it used a black background and white text with mars in the background. I thought this was very well put together and that the layout was done well since they were relating everything in the article back to outer space. What caught my eye in this article was the giant picture of mars in the background. I might keep that in mind for my next project. Do some fading effects or something like that.


The next magazine layout I looked out was one that talked about a historical dam looked in good old america in Missouri. It used to be a native land where they have been digging up old native american tools and various other things that have been very helpful. This layout I thought was put together a little better then the one before it. The white background will always be my go to for magazine layouts. They wrapped the text around the pictures very nicely and it is well presented. I liked how they threw more then one big picture in the article they had a few little ones in their which really made you feel like you were at the site.


The last article I found was one about buddhists and their beliefs. I believe this layout was put together well and has one main picture to focus on along with the words wrapped around it which is nice. Although I did like the multiple pictures in the article before I also enjoy just the one big picture to focus on.

To wrap things up I believe that all of these articles where well put together even though I like some more then others. Overall I think I found some very good articles. Till next time!

No comments:

Post a Comment